Thank you for the opportunity to share from my heart my recent encounter with the dreaded disease Melanoma. My beautiful 20 yr. old daughter just returned home for the summer from college. Fortunately for me, my best friend Sherri is a nurse and an observant one at that. She noticed a mole on Amanda’s leg and recommended we go to the dermatologist. The mole was removed and life returned to normal except for the minimal scar. The following week the bottom fell out as we learned she had Stage 2/3 Melanoma. We wept and reacted. After our struggle with my husband’s cancer over the past few years, we knew to seek the best medical attention available. This led us to Lakeland Cancer Center in Lakeland Florida. Amanda was very brave as Dr. Reintgen removed a large section (pork chop size) from her leg. The wait for the pathology was difficult. At last, Praise God-the margins were clear!

Why am I telling you this story?. It’s not to scare you or gain your sympathy. We all go through challenges in life and we can grow through other’s experiences. With my business, I market to young girls and am passionate about this age group. Please spread the word to your friends.. Melanoma is increasing among girls age 20-24. Please wear your sunscreen and see your dermatologist regularly. My daughter was not a sun worshipper. Unfortunately, she must have had a genetic factor leading to her development of skin cancer. Thanks for letting me share with you. Wishing you health and happiness!


Labels:

Go Shopping Now
Go Shopping Now!