Our children grow up so quickly. As the mom of 2 young women I certainly understand this. It seems like only yesterday I was bringing home a little bundle of pink and now one of my babies is off to college and the other one will be there before I know it.

As our kids grow, their tastes change. When they are little you have complete control over what they eat, what they watch, what they wear and even how their room is decorated. When our kids become teenagers their tastes can and most probably will change. They want their independence and one way we can help them achieve a sense of being their own person is to let them decorate their rooms. What if instead of giving her clothes or shoes for her birthday you give her the gift of a new room?

A few years ago my daughter Megan wanted Jeff and I to perform a Trading Spaces miracle in her room for Christmas. While Megan went to sleep in her sister's room on Christmas Eve, Jeff and I began the transformation process in Megan's room. We changed everything from the color of the walls to the curtains to the bedding and accessories. It was a lot of hard work, but the look on Megan's face on Christmas morning was priceless!

Back then I didn't have the benefit of having a Decor 2 Ur Door to help me decorate Megan's room - I had to come up with everything on my own. My experience is your gain. I've already compiled many coordinating rooms for your to choose from. All of the hard work is done for you. So whether your child loves all things pink, is a soccer-maven, or is just down to earth, there is something for her. Enjoy this special time with your child as she is becoming her own person.

Labels:

Go Shopping Now
Go Shopping Now!